Dashboards & Visualizations

how can I cache the dashboard ?

perlish
Communicator

can I use cache or memcached for speed up the dashboard ?
thank you !

Tags (2)

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You can schedule a saved search, then use this saved search to populate graphs/tables in your dashboard.
The dashboard will render the last results of the scheduled saved search rather than executing the search each time the dashboard loads.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3.3/User/CreateSimpleDashboards

mkhan_splunk

how can I cached dashboard in splunk6.2 ?

0 Karma

sportauthority

Is it possible to do something like this on splunk storm? I don't think I can schedule searches, but if I run one, then could the dashboard display the cached results, rather than running the search again?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

And just to add ,if Scheduled Saved Searches aren't going to be a feasible option for you, then you may also want to look at performance tuning your search with techniques like Summary Indexing , http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Usesummaryindexing

0 Karma

iunderwood
Path Finder

You'll need to run a saved search as often as you want the cached result to be valid. For example, if you want a 5-minute expire on a search, you'll need to run it every five minutes.

0 Karma

perlish
Communicator

thank you,but I need search in time.
can I cache the search result but no schedule search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...