Dashboards & Visualizations

graph details

DTERM
Contributor

index=MyApp earliest=-30d@d-14h | where (date_hour>=10 AND date_hour<22) | bucket _time span=1d | stats count by _time | sort - _time | append [ search index=MyApp earliest=-30d@d-2h | where(date_hour<10 or date_hour>=22) | eval _time=if(date_hour<10, _time-86400, _time) | bucket _time span=1d | stats count by _time | sort - _time]

I'm using the query above to generate a graph of the number of tickets for two different support staff shifts. One shift is from 10:00 AM through 10:00 PM. The other shift is from 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM. Ultimately, I want two line graphs of the number of tickets each staff gets (to compare against each other).

The graph however is not helpful. Is there a way that I can provide different colors for the lines? Also, the legend has a single entry - "Count". Is there a way to modify or change the legend? Finally, there appears to be a third line (I'm guessing an average??) that appears as well. I don't want that.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

fk319
Builder

First, when you do a 'stats' you can use the as option, 'stats count as "DayShift" by _time'.

I am thinking that I would redo your query a bit.

index=MyApp earliest=-30d@d-14h | eval Shift=if(10<=date_hour and date_hour<22,"Day","Night") | timechart span=1d count by Shift

View solution in original post

fk319
Builder

First, when you do a 'stats' you can use the as option, 'stats count as "DayShift" by _time'.

I am thinking that I would redo your query a bit.

index=MyApp earliest=-30d@d-14h | eval Shift=if(10<=date_hour and date_hour<22,"Day","Night") | timechart span=1d count by Shift

DTERM
Contributor

That is perfect. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...