Dashboards & Visualizations

dashboard migration

italogf
Explorer

Hello I am wanting to change my dashboard of a free version of splunk for a version with license, but this is a licensed version 4.2.3 .. even managed to migrate saved searches and visions .. I just can not migrate dashboards,

where are this files? I can not just copy the directory because I'm using an existing app with other things in the licensed version.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

italogf
Explorer

Very strange ... I got a copy of the free version of the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local/data/ui/views to my other in $SPLUNK_HOME/splunk/etc/apps/incidents/local/data/ui/views, also copied $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/metadata/local.meta to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/incidents/metadata/local.meta and still can not view the dashboards.

0 Karma

davecroto
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All the dashboards XML-s YOU build will be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/<the app>/local/data/ui/views. But if you go to under manager User interface--> Views, you'll see them there.

alt text

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...