Dashboards & Visualizations

dashboard migration

italogf
Explorer

Hello I am wanting to change my dashboard of a free version of splunk for a version with license, but this is a licensed version 4.2.3 .. even managed to migrate saved searches and visions .. I just can not migrate dashboards,

where are this files? I can not just copy the directory because I'm using an existing app with other things in the licensed version.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

italogf
Explorer

Very strange ... I got a copy of the free version of the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local/data/ui/views to my other in $SPLUNK_HOME/splunk/etc/apps/incidents/local/data/ui/views, also copied $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/metadata/local.meta to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/incidents/metadata/local.meta and still can not view the dashboards.

0 Karma

davecroto
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All the dashboards XML-s YOU build will be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/<the app>/local/data/ui/views. But if you go to under manager User interface--> Views, you'll see them there.

alt text

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...