Dashboards & Visualizations

can you help me on last event displaying

jip31
Motivator

hello
when I execute the request below, i want to display only the last event without playing with token time or doing a dedup time
index="windows-wmi" sourcetype="wmi:diskdrive" | table host Caption DeviceID FirmwareRevision Status
how to do please?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You could use the tail command:

index="windows-wmi" sourcetype="wmi:diskdrive" | table host Caption DeviceID FirmwareRevision Status | tail 1

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@jip31 you should define whether you are interested in last event or latest event.

For latest event you should perform <yourCurrentSearch> | head 1

jip31
Motivator

Hello niketnilay i dont know if you have seen my comment before : for one host i have To events every hour. So for every host i need the Two last Event. Head 1 works only for one host and one event

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

If that is the case then you need stats/dedup by each hour so that you can identify two events. Any reason why you dont want to use either one?

Is there a way to filter each of the two events per hour uniquely?

harishalipaka
Motivator

@jip31

|sort _time
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@harishalipaka although your answer might not be what @jip31 might be looking for, | reverse will work faster than | sort command.

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...