Dashboards & Visualizations

Why value 0 always align left?

MirrorCraze
Explorer

Every time I create a table visualization, I notice that the value 0 is always aligned on the left side while the rest is aligned on the right side. (322, 3483,0,0 is in the same column)

MirrorCraze_0-1702935350607.png

Is there any reason behind it and any way to fix this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By default, strings are aligned left and numerics are aligned right - for some reason your 0 is a string. Please check your search, or post it with some sample data so we can investigate further.

0 Karma

MirrorCraze
Explorer

Sure! Let me try to give partial of my data here.

{
host :host01
metrics:

{    
     Started: true
     TotalConnectionCount: 0
     Uptime: 3 days 3 hours
     UptimeMillis: 271021770
}
}

My search query involving the field that have problem is something like this.

<search query> | spath output=metrics path=metrics | stats latest(metrics.Started) as started, latest(metrics.TotalConnectionCount) as connectionCount by host |eval state = if(started="true","UP","DOWN") 
| table host, state, connectionCount

The problem comes with connectionCount. If it's not 0, it aligns right. If it's 0, it aligns left.

Ps. Actually after I investigate this, this problem does not occur on Splunk search, but on the Splunk Dashboard Studio when I use the table on my dashboard. Any ideas?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dashboard Studio is still under development so some features which are available in SimpleXML / Classic dashboards are either not available or not fully working, it will depend on which version of Splunk you are using.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What's the query and data that this comes from?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...