DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
TRUNCATE = 999999
JSON_TRIM_BRACES_IN_ARRAY_NAMES = true

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mah,

the first dubt I usually have using scripts is the grants on the my_python_script.py file, did you already checked them?

you could try to run the script outside Splunk.

Then (but it's a different thing), why did you used batch?

batch is used for large archives of historic data. If you want to continuously monitor a directory or index small archives, use "monitor".

If these files are the output of the script of the previous stanza, you don't need this stanza, if instead they are different files, use monitor.

Then, from your script stanza I see that you want to run this script once a day (at 07:27:00), is it correct?

An additional test: run the script outside splunk as Linux command, verify if it's runned and redirect the output on a text file, then ingest it via web GUI, so you can test the props.conf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mah
Builder

Hi, 

Yes I tried to run the script in the file my_app_poller_/bin : the json files went back to splunk with correct parsing.

mah_0-1598432128300.png

I use this batch parameter because uselly I apply this input configuration with .sh script ans it works well. 

The only difference I changed is to put a .py script instead of .sh, and it does not work anymore. 

Last, I search in _internal and I find out this error : 

ERROR ExecProcessor - Ignoring: "/opt/splunk/etc/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py"

ERROR FrameworkUtils - Incorrect path to script: /opt/splunk/etc/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py. Script must be located inside $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/scripts.

Can you tell me if I have to put my script in a path like : /opt/splunk/etc/my_app_poller/bin/scripts ?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mah,

scripts must be located in the main bin folder (as indicated in the error message) or in the bin folder of an app, in your path you forgot the apps folder:

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mah
Builder

Hi,

sorry I did a bad copy paste, the script is already located in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py 

After a new test I get the error below :

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py" IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py" Traceback (most recent call last😞

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py" File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/my_app_poller/bin/my_script.py", line 13, in <module>

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mah,

"Permission denied", it seems to be a grant problem, what are the grants of the python script?

check the grants with the user that you use to run Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mah
Builder

hi,

here are the rights applied to the script :

mah_0-1598443550601.png

And the fact that it works when I run the script in the folder  with command : python my_script.py

The json files are returned in splunk successfully parsed.

So I really don't understand.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mah,

and about the grants of the objects read by script?

Anyway, have you seen this documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/AdvancedDev/ScriptedInputsIntro ?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...