Dashboards & Visualizations

Why am I getting 404 errors trying to drilldown into a form in another dashboard using XML?

ashnet16
Path Finder

I'm using the XML below. I'm trying to allow users to select a field in a panel and use that field to populate a form in another dashboard. I keep receiving a 404 error even when I use the full path(That's not the full path below). What am I doing wrong?

<link>
     <![CDATA[/app/search/local/data/ui/views/bounce_rates.xml?form.page=$row.page$=$page$]]>
   </link>
 </drilldown> 
0 Karma

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It looks like the issue here is related to the url route to your dashboard.

Of note, URL routes do not match 1-for-1 to files on disk.

Couple quick examples:

(1) If the target dashboard is in the same app context as the origin dashboard, you can use the following:

</drilldown> 
    <link>
      <![CDATA[bounce_rates?form.page=$row.page$]]>
    </link>
  </drilldown> 

(2) If the target dashboard is in a different app context from the origin dashboard, you can use the following:

</drilldown> 
    <link>
      <![CDATA[/app/search/bounce_rates?form.page=$row.page$]]>
    </link>
  </drilldown> 
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...