Dashboards & Visualizations

Where to enter source code to remove host from Dashboard?

Ted1621
Observer

I have one host that I want to remove from all my premade dashboards in the Splunk App for AWS Security Dashboards.  Can someone tell me where I would enter this in the source code for the Dashboard so that it always excludes this host? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Ted1621
Observer

Thank you @andrew_nelson !  Is there a way that I could just add an "text" input in the dashboard that says src_ip!=10.0.0.1?  I think this is a more scalable way since I have other apps that I would want to exclude the host from as well.

0 Karma

andrew_nelson
Communicator

Yeah, if you have Edit permissions on the dashboards, you can add src_ip!=10.0.0.1 into the searches. 

It could be a lot of work depending on how the dashboard panels are configured. If the dashboard uses a base search, it will be quick enough to do that dashboard. If the dashboard doesn't have a base search, you'll have to edit every single panel.

0 Karma

andrew_nelson
Communicator

Take a look the the macros that come with the app. Settings > Advanced Search > Search Macros
You'll find some index macros like `aws-security-cloudtrail-index`, `aws-security-config-index` etc.  that are used to specify the data used throughout the app.

You can edit these to to add host!="hostabc" and the host should be removed. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...