Dashboards & Visualizations

What's the setting to prevent the blue frame and menu from appearing when users click on an object in DS?

kizukuri
Explorer

Hi splunker,

Please tell me the setting that the blue frame and menu are not displayed when the users click object in Dashboard Studio.

In Dashboard Studio,
when users click dashboard's oboject (e.g. Map, Single Value, table, image or etc..),
blue frame around its object and download/search/full screen menu apear.

blueframe.png

There are some cases that are a little annoying, so I would like to prevent the blue frame and menu from being displayed. Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you talking about the focus indicator? This is a feature of the browser and the stylesheet being applied. You might be able to override the style used for focus with some CSS, but it might be a lot of work depending on how busy or complex your dashboard is.

kizukuri
Explorer

Hi @ITWhisperer 

Thank you for your good hint/Suggestion!
I am honored to have a response from Splunk Trust!

Unlike a Classic dashboard, Dashboard Studio's default CSS probably makes the focus indicator thick and blue.

Looking at Docs, Studio didn't seem to be able to edit the default CSS...yet

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/DashStudio/IntroFrame#Compare_classic_Splunk_Dash...

compare.png

This focus indicator/menu is noisy when overlaying images, graphs, etc.. in Studio.
I look forward to future evolution 🙂
and splunk Ninja training (in Japanese "Syugyo no michi") never ends!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just one of the reasons I am personally sticking with Classic dashboards for now 😀

kizukuri
Explorer

Hahaha Yea,😚
The ninja's soul is in the details!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...