Dashboards & Visualizations

Visual Dashboard using 4 fields in Stats count

jeish99
Engager

I'm trying to create a visual dashboard  (specifically a column graph or bar chart) using 

index=guardium ruleDesc="OS Command Injection"
| stats count by dbUser, DBName, serviceName, sql

This is the graph I get:

Screenshot (47).png

I would like to group these fields into categories on the chart where one part would show count of 1-5 then 6-10...and so on.  Then I could drill down a specific bar within the count group to view the fields for that bar in a table format.  How would I go about doing this.  I am new to splunk and have been stuck finding the best way to represent this data.  I was given this search statement and was told to make a visual dashboard of it.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

fredclown
Contributor

You would do a second stats to roll them up like this ...

| eval category = case(
    count < 6, "1-5",
    count < 11, "6-10",
    count < 16, "11-15",
    1==1, "16+"
)
| stats count by category

Then you would set up a drilldown on the chart to pass a token to another search and limit it based on the token..

View solution in original post

0 Karma

fredclown
Contributor

You would do a second stats to roll them up like this ...

| eval category = case(
    count < 6, "1-5",
    count < 11, "6-10",
    count < 16, "11-15",
    1==1, "16+"
)
| stats count by category

Then you would set up a drilldown on the chart to pass a token to another search and limit it based on the token..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...