Dashboards & Visualizations

Use brand colours in html simple xml

alucarddjin
Path Finder

I'm trying ot add a bit of jazzyness to my simple_xml form and I wanted to put some colour on a couple of html eliments. I know I can add a style sheet / add style tag but I wanted to use the brand names so it changes as the tool does (Eg brandColorD30). I thought it might be possible like in bootstrap by adding it to the class by this didn't work.

Any tips would be helpfull.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@alucarddjin could you please add a little more details with example as to what you are trying to do in Splunk Dashboards? Also mock-up if possible.

alucarddjin
Path Finder

Splunk has a style guide with a number of set colours. These can be used in charts on dashboards with calling them by name. I wanted to try and use the names of the colours instead of the hex so if the tool updates the colours follow. EG:

Instead of-
<div style="color:#389038;">Hex Baby</div>

I could use-
<div class="brandColorD30">Branded Baby</div>

Without setting up my own stylesheet.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...

Splunkbase | Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML End of Life

The Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 19, 2024, after which no new ...