Dashboards & Visualizations

Unable to show Instance type ?

Dhanaskv
Path Finder
My task :
1)Create a dashboard
2)Show the Instance id, Instance type and CPUCreditBalance
but Unable to show Instance type I have attached the query below
index=main metric_name=CPUCreditBalance | timechart eval(round(avg(Average),2)) by metric_dimensions where max in top10
Any changes need in these queries?

Screenshot from 2021-04-11 16-35-16.png
Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, I am assuming you want to have X-axis as _time and y axis as average CPU credit balance.

What time granularity do you want? (Use timechart span=XX where XX is the granularity (1m, 1h, 15m etc)

If you want to show the legend as the type/instance id then just create a new field like this

| eval name=instance_type.":".metric_dimensions

and use name as the split by field. instance_type will be the field that defines your instance type

0 Karma

Dhanaskv
Path Finder

No. I didn't get answer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...