Dashboards & Visualizations

Unable to edit files in Lookup editor (latest version)

rajuloyola
Loves-to-Learn

We are using the latest version of lookup file editor (3.4.6) and Splunk cloud version (8.1.2012.1). 

I couldn't edit/save any of the lookup files in the lookup editor. I tried uploading the .csv, but now luck. 

I get an error saying " you do not have permission", although there are no issues with the permission as I have admin rights. when I tried to change the permission (for testing), I didn't let me save it. I'm getting the below error. 

1. Splunk could not update permissions for resource data/lookup-table-files [HTTP 500] Splunkd internal error; [{'type': 'ERROR', 'code': None, 'text': "This handler does not support the 'edit' action and cannot be used for ACL modification."}.

Please suggest a remedy for this. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Marselia
Explorer

Hey @rajuloyola 
did you figure this out?

0 Karma

kcooper
Communicator

I am having the same issue. 

I can't edit any lookup table or create any. 

Receive the error: You do not have permission to edit this lookup file

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kcooper
Communicator

Added the following capability to the "admin" role

upload_lookup_files 

now I can edit the lookup tables. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...