Dashboards & Visualizations

Unable to edit files in Lookup editor (latest version)

rajuloyola
Loves-to-Learn

We are using the latest version of lookup file editor (3.4.6) and Splunk cloud version (8.1.2012.1). 

I couldn't edit/save any of the lookup files in the lookup editor. I tried uploading the .csv, but now luck. 

I get an error saying " you do not have permission", although there are no issues with the permission as I have admin rights. when I tried to change the permission (for testing), I didn't let me save it. I'm getting the below error. 

1. Splunk could not update permissions for resource data/lookup-table-files [HTTP 500] Splunkd internal error; [{'type': 'ERROR', 'code': None, 'text': "This handler does not support the 'edit' action and cannot be used for ACL modification."}.

Please suggest a remedy for this. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Marselia
Explorer

Hey @rajuloyola 
did you figure this out?

0 Karma

kcooper
Communicator

I am having the same issue. 

I can't edit any lookup table or create any. 

Receive the error: You do not have permission to edit this lookup file

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kcooper
Communicator

Added the following capability to the "admin" role

upload_lookup_files 

now I can edit the lookup tables. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...