Dashboards & Visualizations

Trying to use a dashboard token in an HTML button that is a new tab url in incident review

mjones414
Contributor

I have a dashboard panel configured to set a token called Tok_User  to click.value2, and another token called temp_search that sets the the value to user=$Tok_User$

In another panel, I have an HTML button that opens ES incident review using the following URL format:

<html>
      <style>.btn-primary { margin: 5px 10px 5px 0; }</style>
            <a href="https://mysplunkurl:8000/en_us/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/incident_review?earliest=-7d@d&amp;latest=now&amp;form.status_form=*&amp;form.owner_form=*&amp;form.security_domain_form=*&amp;form.srch=$temp_search$&amp;form.selected_urgency=critical&amp;form.selected_urgency=high&amp;form.selected_urgency=medium&amp;form.selected_urgency=low&amp;form.selected_urgency=informational&amp;form.source=A_Src_I_Want&amp;form.source=Another_Src_I_Want&amp; target="_blank" class="btn btn-primary">Review New Activity</a>
      </html>

The sources fill in just fine, but in the search only "user" comes over, not user=<theclickvalue2username>

What am I missing to get this to transition properly?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mjones414
Contributor

Figured it out...

replace "=" in my second token with %3D

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mjones414
Contributor

Figured it out...

replace "=" in my second token with %3D

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...