Dashboards & Visualizations

Trellis drilldown

manish_singh_77
Builder

Hi Team,

I have a table drill down from single value trellis panel. Since there are few panels, I have to scroll down to see the drill down table details. Is there any way we can show the table drill down just next to selected trellis single value as soon as we click on it.

Regards,

Manish  

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@manish_singh_77 the answer to this question lies in HTML independent of Splunk. You need to set an id for element like row/panel or table where you want to set the focus to go on drilldown. I would prefer panel containing table so that selection is in focus but not selected (hihglighted).

Step 1: To make this solution generic, get the current Splunk App Name and Current Dashboard Name from Global tokens using independent search:

<search>
    <query>| makeresults
    | fields -  _time
    | eval appName="$env:app$",dashboardName="$env:page$"</query>
    <done>
      <set token="appName">$result.appName$</set>
      <set token="dashboardName">$result.dashboardName$</set>
    </done>
  </search>

Step 2: Give id to the panel containing drilldown table i.e. 

<panel id="drilldown_focus_element">

Step 3: While setting the drilldown token from Single Value Trellis, set the link to same app/dashboard to focus on element using #drilldown_focus_element

<drilldown>
          <set token="tokName">$trellis.value$</set>
          <link>/app/$appName$/$dashboardName$#drilldown_focus_element</link>
        </drilldown>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@manish_singh_77 the answer to this question lies in HTML independent of Splunk. You need to set an id for element like row/panel or table where you want to set the focus to go on drilldown. I would prefer panel containing table so that selection is in focus but not selected (hihglighted).

Step 1: To make this solution generic, get the current Splunk App Name and Current Dashboard Name from Global tokens using independent search:

<search>
    <query>| makeresults
    | fields -  _time
    | eval appName="$env:app$",dashboardName="$env:page$"</query>
    <done>
      <set token="appName">$result.appName$</set>
      <set token="dashboardName">$result.dashboardName$</set>
    </done>
  </search>

Step 2: Give id to the panel containing drilldown table i.e. 

<panel id="drilldown_focus_element">

Step 3: While setting the drilldown token from Single Value Trellis, set the link to same app/dashboard to focus on element using #drilldown_focus_element

<drilldown>
          <set token="tokName">$trellis.value$</set>
          <link>/app/$appName$/$dashboardName$#drilldown_focus_element</link>
        </drilldown>

manish_singh_77
Builder

Hi @niketn ,

I have one more query, for example, here is the below mentioned box and in my use case, I also have the similar and I am passing one of the values in the custom url drilldown to show the url status.

And now I want to hide that value from the box and but still pass that value as the custom url and show in the drilldown.

Can we do that?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...