Dashboards & Visualizations

Table customization Phone looking table CSS, possible?

Anmar0293
Path Finder

alt textI have a table in the screenshot below that has some values colored with blue. those values represent phone buttons. the black square is suppose to represent a screen of the phone.

Would it possible to make that happen or the closest to it? A direction to the right path would be appreciate it in terms o modifying table css.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE! alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@Anmar0293 although your business purpose is still not clear for me, as per your request please find below the CSS overrides as requested. PS: Table Cell Color can be changed using Simple XML itself post 6.5 using UI --> Edit --> Format Table Cell option.

alt text

Following is the run anywhere dashboard code:

<dashboard>
  <label>Table formatting</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <html>
        <style>
          <!-- Width %: 1st Column=20%, 2nd Colum=60%, 3rd Column=20%-->
          #my_table thead th[data-sort-key="component"],
          #my_table thead th[data-sort-key="count"]{
            width:20% !important;
          }
          <!-- Index of component column is 0 and that of count is 2 -->
          #my_table tbody tr td[data-cell-index="0"],
          #my_table tbody tr td[data-cell-index="2"]{
            color: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;
            background-color: rgb(0, 109, 156) !important;
            border-top-style: solid !important;
            border-bottom-style: solid !important;
            border-color: white !important;
            border-width: .1px !important;
            border-radius: 5px !important;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
      <table id="my_table">
        <search>
          <query>index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=INFO
| stats count by component
| eval "Black Area"=""
| table component "Black Area" count</query>
          <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
          <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
        </search>
        <option name="count">20</option>
        <option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="percentagesRow">false</option>
        <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
        <option name="totalsRow">false</option>
        <option name="wrap">true</option>
        <!-- Set the "Black Area" field background color as Black-->
        <format type="color" field="Black Area">
          <colorPalette type="expression">if (value=="","#000000","#000000")</colorPalette>
        </format>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@Anmar0293 although your business purpose is still not clear for me, as per your request please find below the CSS overrides as requested. PS: Table Cell Color can be changed using Simple XML itself post 6.5 using UI --> Edit --> Format Table Cell option.

alt text

Following is the run anywhere dashboard code:

<dashboard>
  <label>Table formatting</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <html>
        <style>
          <!-- Width %: 1st Column=20%, 2nd Colum=60%, 3rd Column=20%-->
          #my_table thead th[data-sort-key="component"],
          #my_table thead th[data-sort-key="count"]{
            width:20% !important;
          }
          <!-- Index of component column is 0 and that of count is 2 -->
          #my_table tbody tr td[data-cell-index="0"],
          #my_table tbody tr td[data-cell-index="2"]{
            color: rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;
            background-color: rgb(0, 109, 156) !important;
            border-top-style: solid !important;
            border-bottom-style: solid !important;
            border-color: white !important;
            border-width: .1px !important;
            border-radius: 5px !important;
          }
        </style>
      </html>
      <table id="my_table">
        <search>
          <query>index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=INFO
| stats count by component
| eval "Black Area"=""
| table component "Black Area" count</query>
          <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
          <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
        </search>
        <option name="count">20</option>
        <option name="dataOverlayMode">none</option>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="percentagesRow">false</option>
        <option name="rowNumbers">false</option>
        <option name="totalsRow">false</option>
        <option name="wrap">true</option>
        <!-- Set the "Black Area" field background color as Black-->
        <format type="color" field="Black Area">
          <colorPalette type="expression">if (value=="","#000000","#000000")</colorPalette>
        </format>
      </table>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

Anmar0293
Path Finder

Wonderful! @niketnilay Thanks a lot for your help this is exactly what i needed.

Would it be possible to add a static picture/image to replace the black area?

Thanks a lot again!

Warm regards,

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

@niketnilay Just insert an image in the black area and it could be any image and static no changes.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@Anmar0293 I was afraid that the question for adding image would come up again. But I do not get the requirement of adding image to the table. You have not answered my questions around your need for table visualization. I answered question only when you asked for table columns with specific column formatting. Please provide details around adding image in center column, its purpose and also the answers to my what if questions.

msivill_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is the number of rows in the table static or will they never exceed a certain number of rows? Are you planning to have a number next to different phone button icons?

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

@msivill_splunk i updated the photo above. just a matter of colors in the table. since i don't have much flexiblity to apply pure html and javascript without the xml and data query, i'm lost into how to do it!

0 Karma

msivill_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With the Scalable Vector Graphics - Custom Visualization app you can paint images onto the page based on the data in Splunk (for example paint the button values onto the phone itself). However, given the dynamic nature of the rows coming in (i.e. no upper limit), I suspect using this visualisation won't work for this use case. If you know an upper limit for rows to could code a SVG visualization to handle this. If you look at the battery bars or truck examples in the SVG app it can "dynamically" handle up to 5 or 10 things because that is what the image was built to do.

Perhaps someone with CSS ninja skills might be able to help you out.

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

@msivill_splunk i have experiance in CSS and i just need to be able to modify the rows colors inside the table.
Also, can i ingest the image inside the table? between the two value colored in blue?!

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@Anmar0293 The requirement/use case for middle phone diagram is not at all clear to me. So rather than asking us to give you table with two columns and a phone diagram in middle, please give us more context to the problem you are trying to solve and a mock of what you are trying to build (you can mask/anonymize any sensitive information).

Do you need help with only Table Cell Color rendering to Blue? Do they actually have to look like button? Why is there a phone overlapping a table? If table has 1 row what will happen to phone diagram will phone change to smart watch (pun intended ;))? What if there are no rows returned for table or what if 100 rows returned with 100 rows per page table configuration?

Community would be able to assist you better if you provide more details of your requirement.

Anmar0293
Path Finder

Hello @niketnilay
I hope all is well. thank you for getting back to me.

forget about the image and the phone.
i just want to put the value in square background colored silver in both sides. the the distance in the middle between the two value (center) should be black. no phone no image nothing. just regular table that has the left and right side (values postions) inside a square or the background color of the values silver and the in between row color to be black!

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

The rows are dynamic depends on the data I will receive but it could be applied for all the values or rows. The numbers are just to count the rows nothing else. Would it be possible to assist me please 😞 @msivill_splunk

0 Karma

msivill_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I can't quite visualise what you want to get to. Is the phone in the middle a static image, how does the phone buttons on the outside of the phone relate to what's on the phone screen. How does the phone screen change when only a few rows are returned vs many rows returned? Any chance of fleshing out your mockup showing one with few rows returned and one with many rows returned. I'm thinking about potentially another visualisation (Scalable Vector Graphics - Custom Visualization) but it depends on what you are trying to do and if that app might work.

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

@msivill_splunk The image would just be black rectangular vertical image or color in the middle of the table. left and right value will just represent buttons. the image would be static. the value of the buttons will change. it doesn't really need to look like a button. it could be just the background of the value of the button. Please find the below:

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

The rows are dynamic depends on the data I will receive but it could be applied for all the values or rows. The numbers are just to count the rows nothing else. Would it be possible to assist me please 😞 @msivill_splunk

0 Karma

Anmar0293
Path Finder

I have seen your skills in tables in many questions. Can you help please @niketnilay

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...