Dashboards & Visualizations

Stats Auto Bin Time

MrJohn230
Path Finder

I have created a dashboard in dashboard studio. I have a table visualization, see my code below. 

So, the "Time" column auto sets my | bin to one minute. When I update my timepicker to say the last 7 days it still shows the time |bin as one minute. 

How can I dynamically change the |bin to best fit my timepicker selection?

| search cat IN ($t_endpoint$) AND Car IN ($t_car$)
| eval Time=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d-%I:%M %p")
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by Time, Car, cat

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MrJohn230
Path Finder

This is what worked for me. I added a TimeBucket dropdown box and created a token. 

|bin _time span=$t_bin$
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by _time, Car, cat
|fields - _time
|fields Time, Numbercat

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MrJohn230
Path Finder

This is what worked for me. I added a TimeBucket dropdown box and created a token. 

|bin _time span=$t_bin$
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by _time, Car, cat
|fields - _time
|fields Time, Numbercat

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Converting the time to a string is a peculiar way to do binning. I'd rather simply use the bin command with a proper set of parameters for binning.

If you want to display your time in a human-readable form you can still do fieldformat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...