Dashboards & Visualizations

Stats Auto Bin Time

MrJohn230
Path Finder

I have created a dashboard in dashboard studio. I have a table visualization, see my code below. 

So, the "Time" column auto sets my | bin to one minute. When I update my timepicker to say the last 7 days it still shows the time |bin as one minute. 

How can I dynamically change the |bin to best fit my timepicker selection?

| search cat IN ($t_endpoint$) AND Car IN ($t_car$)
| eval Time=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d-%I:%M %p")
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by Time, Car, cat

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MrJohn230
Path Finder

This is what worked for me. I added a TimeBucket dropdown box and created a token. 

|bin _time span=$t_bin$
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by _time, Car, cat
|fields - _time
|fields Time, Numbercat

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MrJohn230
Path Finder

This is what worked for me. I added a TimeBucket dropdown box and created a token. 

|bin _time span=$t_bin$
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by _time, Car, cat
|fields - _time
|fields Time, Numbercat

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Converting the time to a string is a peculiar way to do binning. I'd rather simply use the bin command with a proper set of parameters for binning.

If you want to display your time in a human-readable form you can still do fieldformat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...