Dashboards & Visualizations

Stats Auto Bin Time

MrJohn230
Path Finder

I have created a dashboard in dashboard studio. I have a table visualization, see my code below. 

So, the "Time" column auto sets my | bin to one minute. When I update my timepicker to say the last 7 days it still shows the time |bin as one minute. 

How can I dynamically change the |bin to best fit my timepicker selection?

| search cat IN ($t_endpoint$) AND Car IN ($t_car$)
| eval Time=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d-%I:%M %p")
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by Time, Car, cat

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MrJohn230
Path Finder

This is what worked for me. I added a TimeBucket dropdown box and created a token. 

|bin _time span=$t_bin$
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by _time, Car, cat
|fields - _time
|fields Time, Numbercat

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MrJohn230
Path Finder

This is what worked for me. I added a TimeBucket dropdown box and created a token. 

|bin _time span=$t_bin$
| stats limit=15 sum(Numbercat) as Numbercat, avg(catTime) as AvgcatSecs by _time, Car, cat
|fields - _time
|fields Time, Numbercat

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Converting the time to a string is a peculiar way to do binning. I'd rather simply use the bin command with a proper set of parameters for binning.

If you want to display your time in a human-readable form you can still do fieldformat.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...