Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk <fields> equivalent in JavaScript

deepikagooty
Explorer

Hello,

I have a table on my splunk dashboard. I have a search to get the data and I am using fields to filter out the columns that I want to see on my dashboard. I observed that, even if I filter out a couple of columns to display, I am still able to use the other column data (column c or d from below example) that I am not displaying for other purpose. Below is the format that I am using for a splunk table.

<search>
<query>| dbxquery connection=connection query="SELECT a, b, c, d FROM t1"
</query>
</search>
<fields>["a", "b"]</fields>

Now, I have a requirement to create a custom Splunk table using JavaScript. I was able to do the same but I am not sure how to use the <fields> provided by Splunk in JavaScript. The problem that I observed with JavaScript table is that, If I am not displaying a particular column, I will not be able to use that column data for other operations. I basically want to display just a, b columns from my JavaScript query but at the same time utilize the c, d column data for other operations. Kindly suggest a solution for this.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are using a TableView in JS, it also appears to support the fields attribute

https://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/WebFramework/1.0/compref_table.html

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are using a TableView in JS, it also appears to support the fields attribute

https://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/WebFramework/1.0/compref_table.html

deepikagooty
Explorer

Awesome. That worked. Thank you so much 😀

I have used myTable.settings.set("fields", ["a", "b", "c"]); after initializing myTable (TableView)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...