Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Results with field containing dropdown with custom actions

rps462
Path Finder

I have a table with some basic fields , where the events represent items that need to have an action taken. I would like to have a drop down menu as the last item in the list with the desired action. The action to be taken could be a link to an external page, or even another splunk search that just has to be executed, but not displayed. 

For example:

rps462_0-1647625491692.png

Action 1 or Action 2 would result in either a separate Search Being Run, or a separate link being "clicked". In both cases I'd like the drop down to be replaced with a static image, like a checkmark. (Indicating which action had been taken.)

rps462_1-1647625921096.png

I realize this is pretty custom stuff that's going to require javascript or something else, I just have no idea where to start. Has anybody else tried to do anything like this?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...