Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Event _raw data is different from Source Event

madhav_dholakia
Contributor

Hi,

we are ingesting Couchbase JSON Documents into Splunk Cloud using Kafka.  

When I open the same document (1st one ingested in Splunk - _raw and 2nd one is Couchbase JSON) and compare in Visual Studio Code, I can see differences as shown below:

madhav_dholakia_0-1702472804519.png

Splunk syntax highlighted data for this record is identical to original Couchbase JSON.

Can you please help me understand why _raw is showing this data differently and also is there any way to get _raw data in the same format at original JSON?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@madhav_dholakia - Splunk _raw shows the price as "17.0", I'm sure that Splunk cannot convert 17 to 17.0

Hence, I'm leaning towards that something else is wrong and Splunk is not modifying anything in the data unless you explicitly added any parsing configs in Splunk.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

madhav_dholakia
Contributor

thanks @VatsalJagani - Couchbase JSON Document is also showing 17 and not 17.0

so here, Source System (Couchbase) and Splunk Record (when viewed as "highlight syntax") are same, its just Splunk Record _raw is different.

What could be possibly causing this?

Thank you.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@madhav_dholakia - What I'm aware of is Splunk _raw what's coming from the system unless you are explicitly writing config to make changes by props.conf, but otherwise Splunk has no functionality to make changes.

To me it looks like, the actual value is 17.0, but preview is simplifing to 17 on both system.

I hope this helps!!!

madhav_dholakia
Contributor

apologies for the delayed response - I am getting this checked from Couchbase side if raw data there showing the same values. Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...