Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard design

K7Pramod
Observer

Hello,
Can anyone help me designing a panel in classic dashboard with multiple rows and columns with visualizations.

K7Pramod_0-1716866192396.png

K7Pramod_0-1716873483304.png

Updated with the full page design, The problem i am facing is Each box is set of panels with different visualizations.  Is there any idea to code this as full page visualizaion.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It looks like you already have a design of sorts

For classic dashboards, start by adding panels and move them around into rows.

When you look at the source, you will notice some row and panel objects

<row>
  <panel>
  </panel>
  <panel>
  </panel>
</row>
<row>
  etc.

The panels will contain you chosen visualisations, e.g. single, chart, table etc.

0 Karma

K7Pramod
Observer

Thanks @ITWhisperer for your response, I have updated my requirement with more details of design, can you have a look at it once and advise.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can also have multiple visualisations inside a single <panel> element, i.e.

<panel>
  <html>
  </html>
  <single>
  </single>
  <single>
  </single>
  <chart>
  </chart>
  <table>
  </table>
</panel>

The way Splunk lays out such structure inside the panel is that <single> elements are aligned horizontally, but others will then alighn vertically.

I often will avoid using a single panel viz, which offers limited customisation and instead use and HTML section with the contents coming from tokens calculated from searches.

The top three 'rows' of your example panel, i.e. total, value, expected, above... could be a single HTML block where you can write the data from tokens and then a timechart can sit underneath.

Depending on how good your html/css skills are you can do a huge amount to vary the style.

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As I said, in classic dashboards, you have rows with panels. Since your composite panels still align as rows, you may be able spoof what you want by using html "filler" panels in the rows between the elements in same row. You may need to use CSS to try and set the width of the panels, but this is very tricky to do.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...