Dashboards & Visualizations

The New Splunk Dashboard Beta version will not load on the current version of Splunk Enterprise Trial Version? Is this by design?

kleffmangd

I download the trial version of Splunk Enterprise on my laptop (Windows 10) to test out Splunk. So first thing I did was test downloading some apps. The new Beta Dashboard app (which is one of the first ones that come up in the list) does not install. I get this message: Invalid app contents: archive contains more than one immediate subdirectory: and splunk-dashboard-telemetry

Is this by design?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The dashboard app requires manual installation. See the instructions here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/latest/DashApp/Install

View solution in original post

bkovacevic_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you please check/confirm the exact installation steps specifically the step to copy the extracted folders to the "Splunk/etc/apps/" directory?

Please note that after decompressing the downloaded file, the “splunk-dashboards-app-beta_020” folder will contain two sub-folders (“splunk-dashboard-app” and “splunk-dashboard-telemetry”, which need to be copied into “$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps” directory (as opposed the whole “splunk-dashboards-app-beta_020” being copied).

0 Karma

hunderliggur
Path Finder

Once copied to etc/apps/, make sure the copied folders and files are owned by the splunk user, e.g., sudo chown -R splunk:splunk $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps
You may need to restart Splunk

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The dashboard app requires manual installation. See the instructions here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/latest/DashApp/Install

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...