Dashboards & Visualizations

Single value in Advanced XML

quatral
Explorer

Hi everybody,

I'm making a dashboard using Advanced XML. So far I managed to create some charts but I need to put a Single Value into it. I looked into the list of possible chart here but it seems there is nothing about the Single Value (that we can found on Simplified XML).

Thank you for your time,

Drew

0 Karma
1 Solution

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You cannot. The SingleValue can only display a static linkSearch, and it cannot incorporate anything dynamic into that search unfortunately. You can see the same issue over here http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/56263/singlevalue-drilldown-search-containing-value-displayed-... and the workaround I always suggest is to switch to the Sideview Utils HTML module. There's a whole page in Sideview Utils docs just about replacing SingleValue with HTML.

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

How to read a dropdown box output inside this single value module's link search?
pls help if anybody knows

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...