Dashboards & Visualizations

Show time is different for Dashboard and Statistics

dingguibin1

Recently, I meet an interesting problem about show time. The show time is different for the Statistics and Dashboard. See my attachment files. In the table, the time is correct and this time is from my events from database. However, when I click the Dashboard, then the corresponding time is changed to another time, which is 8 hours earlier than in table. It's kind of strange. Could someone know how to fix this problem? Thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There are many time-based considerations and settings. I'm not sure exactly where your breakdown is but it may be as simple as you setting your own user's Time zone setting by going clicking on <Your Login> -> Preferences -> Time zone. Also read about more considerations here:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/590067/how-do-i-map-my-personally-tz-adjusted-time-to-ano.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There are many time-based considerations and settings. I'm not sure exactly where your breakdown is but it may be as simple as you setting your own user's Time zone setting by going clicking on <Your Login> -> Preferences -> Time zone. Also read about more considerations here:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/590067/how-do-i-map-my-personally-tz-adjusted-time-to-ano.html

0 Karma

dingguibin1

Thanks Woodcock! You are correct! I just follow your advice and change the Time zone in Preference. Finally, the problem has been fixed. Thanks a lot for your kindly support!

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

what is your Splunk server timezone? You probably are in PST and Splunk might be converting your time to PST(splunk server).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...