Dashboards & Visualizations

Setting a time range from field data

Sverblaauw

I am trying to make 2 reports based on a time frame from field data. The first search has to pick the data from 1 week ago and the second search needs to get the data within 5 and 10 days from the initial timestamp in the field

I achieved the first by using | where timeField>=relative_time(now(),"-1w") AND _time<=now()
This correctly gives me data from this point until 1 week ago

How do I alter the search to get data from within 5 and 10 days from the timestamp in timeField?

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming you're talking about merging those two searches, give this a try

your base search [search your base search  | where timeField>=relative_time(now(),"-1w") AND _time<=now() | stats min(timeField) as timeField | eval earliest=relative_time(timeField,"-10d") | eval latest=relative_time(timeField,"-5d") | table earliest latest] | rest of the search

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming you're talking about merging those two searches, give this a try

your base search [search your base search  | where timeField>=relative_time(now(),"-1w") AND _time<=now() | stats min(timeField) as timeField | eval earliest=relative_time(timeField,"-10d") | eval latest=relative_time(timeField,"-5d") | table earliest latest] | rest of the search
0 Karma

Sverblaauw

Sorry for the lack of description in my question. This is not 100% what I wanted but I was able to use most of your search to create what I wanted

0 Karma

mydog8it
Builder

I'm not sure I understand your intent, but I have a set of searches that adjust _time several different ways. Perhaps you can find what you are looking for in them.
The set of searches looks back for the past 30 minutes for "DOT1X_State=unauthorized", dedups the results, uses stats to count up the results and rolls them into a report called "Last30". Then it looks back over the past 3 weeks and collects the data from the same 30 minute window of time into individual reports and manipulates _time for each of these reports so timechart will display them together.

index=AAAAAAA earliest=-30m@m latest=-0m@m sourcetype=BBBBBBB DOT1X_State=unauthorized
 | timechart span=30s count as TOTAL
 | eval ReportKey="Last30"
 | append [search index=AAAAAAA sourcetype=BBBBBBB DOT1X_State=unauthorized earliest=-10110m@m latest=-10080m@m
 | timechart span=30s count as TOT
 | eval ReportKey="1WkAgo"
 | eval _time=_time+604800]
 | append [search index=AAAAAAA sourcetype=BBBBBBB DOT1X_State=unauthorized earliest=-20190m@m latest=-20160m@m
 | eval ReportKey="2WksAgo"
 | eval _time=_time+1209600]
 | append [search index=AAAAAAA sourcetype=BBBBBBB DOT1X_State=unauthorized earliest=-30270m@m latest=-30240m@m
 | eval ReportKey="3WksAgo"
 | eval _time=_time+1814400 ]
 | timechart avg(TOT) as Three_week_average values(TOTAL) as The_previous_30_minutes

I hope you find a useful nugget in that.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Not sure I understand your requirement for the second search. Can you share some examples?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...