Dashboards & Visualizations

Set a token name based on the value?

timgren
Path Finder

Is it possible to dynamically set a token name to show/hide panels, based on the value of the input?

I have a dashboard with panels that are specific to certain applications, but irrelevant to others. I want to hide the irrelevant panels when they don't apply. 

Such as:

<input type="text" searchWhenChanged="true" >
      <default>$service_name$</default>
               <change> 
                       <set token="view_$value$"></set>
               </change>
</input>

Results in: "Invalid token name: "viewxml_$value$"" 

Im trying to NOT hard-code service names, because there are many, with a <condition> if possible. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't have access to javascript so I haven't tried this out, but maybe it will inspire you or others to try something like this.

Tokens can be passed as parameters on the dashboard URL. You could add a parameter token to the URL and use it as a token in your dashboard (I have tried this part by just changing my address URL in my browser).

In the worse case, you may be able to use a drilldown to call your dashboard with the required tokens included in the URL. This will trigger a reload of your dashboard which may not be ideal.

The interesting idea is to perhaps use javascript to modify the current document parameters so that a reload is not required. Maybe look here for some ideas. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...