Dashboards & Visualizations

Self-update dashboard with Schedule PDF Delivery

andrehl
Explorer

Hi community,

I wanted to create a dashboard that can update itself daily. As such, someone will upload a file to the internet, and I want my dashboard to automatically grab the newest file and update itself, then proceed to email me with the latest report (for example yesterday's and last 7 days'). However, I realize that the Schedule PDF Delivery is always greyed out whenever I have any filter on my dashboard. Is there any alternative?

Thank you

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@andrehl, as per one of the limitations of Scheduled PDF Delivery, you can not enable the same on Forms (ie. Dashboards with Inputs). You might have to create two separate Dashboards with static time and schedule i.e. One for Yesterday with Previous days data to be scheduled daily after beginning of current dat and second with Last Week's data scheduled weekly after beginning of current week!

andrehl
Explorer

@niketnilay thank you for your response!
However, is there any other alternative? Like when using webhook or monitor for example?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@andrehl, by alternative do you mean for scheduled delivery of report from a form with input controls?

andrehl
Explorer

@niketnilay, Yes, but without input controls. It will just be a static PDF report

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...