Dashboards & Visualizations

Select first value of populating search

C_Sparn
Communicator

Hello,

I´m looking for another option or possibility to select the first value of a populating search of a dropdown than using "true". Important is that the first value is selected automatically every time the populating search stopped running! And is it possible to always hide the dropdown in the dashboard in simple xml?

Thanks
Greetings

0 Karma

ankireddy007
Path Finder

You can use tag

<input type="dropdown" token="t_Bank">
          <label>Choose Bank</label>
          <choice value="*">All</choice>
          <default>*</default>
          <populatingSearch fieldForValue="Bank" fieldForLabel="Bank">
            <![CDATA[search -----------------]]>
          </populatingSearch>
        </input>
0 Karma

C_Sparn
Communicator

Hello,

no sorry thats not possible, because so I just get * as result for default. But what I need is the first searched value as default. Is it possible, if I use advanced XML or HTML?

0 Karma

C_Sparn
Communicator

Hello,

I found out that "true" is working. But just if the site is getting refreshed. Is it possible to force refreshing the site without losing the selection in the other input fields?

0 Karma

C_Sparn
Communicator

Hello,

Quarter 1

index = any |stats count|eval new = $time$$year$)
The token "new" gives me 1 value which is a combination of the other dropdowns.An Example is 'Quarter_1(2014)'

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

It's the only option to select the first option in Simple xml (at least the only one I know of). Could you provide the xml you're using?

0 Karma

C_Sparn
Communicator

Hello,

yes I know! I am using version 6.0.2. But it is not working anyway.

0 Karma

nfilippi_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Note that was added in Splunk 6.0.2

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What version of Splunk you use?

0 Karma

C_Sparn
Communicator

The problem is that it is not working for me. I always get just one value as result of the populating search, so it would be enough to just get this value automatically selected.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Whats the problem with "true"?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...