Dashboards & Visualizations

Scheduled PDF of dashboard getting truncated

manwin
Path Finder

Background: - Scheduling dashboard with 3 panels to be sent out as a pdf report
Each panel is a table of events as these events can be quite big (limiting to 500 lines each)

Problem:
When the events exceed 38 lines it is being truncated at line 38 (which is 1 single page)
Initially I have the 3rd panel which has 500 lines of events and it was getting truncated off totally (0 events showing in the PDF report)

I worked around it and added in a 4th panel below and it started showing 38 lines (1 page) the rest of the 400+ lines are all getting truncated off.

Please help this is a huge problem for my customer as they need the scheduled PDF reports for their reporting purposes.

the_wolverine
Champion

As of version 5.x, the default line limit (per panel) for PDF report is 1000 lines. We have modified a setting called max_rows_per_table to allow us to bypass this limit. We find that the setting works for MANUALLY triggered PDF reports but does not get applied for scheduled PDF reports.

the_wolverine
Champion

Which version?

0 Karma

manwin
Path Finder

Any help on this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...