Dashboards & Visualizations

Providing relative Path to a js or css files in a dashboard

nabeel652
Builder

I'm using Splunk Cloud so cannot upload css and js files as a self service thing. 
When I use 

<dashboard version="1.1" script="table_icons_inline.js" stylesheet="table_decorations.css">

from within the Dashboard Examples app (simple_xml_examples) it works fine.

My question is that I want to use those js and css files from Dashboard Example apps in other apps too. I believe there should be some way to add those files providing relative paths. Like:

<dashboard version="1.1" script="apps/simple_xml_examples/appserver/static/table_icons_inline.js" stylesheet="apps/simple_xml_examples/appserver/static/table_decorations.css">

Any ideas??

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You just use 

<dashboard version="1.1" script="simple_xml_examples:table_icons_inline.js">

It definitely works for script - I've never used it with css, but I assume that will work too.

NB: If you are on Victoria Cloud, you can upload your own apps containing JS and CSS, as long as they have gone through the appinspect process.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You just use 

<dashboard version="1.1" script="simple_xml_examples:table_icons_inline.js">

It definitely works for script - I've never used it with css, but I assume that will work too.

NB: If you are on Victoria Cloud, you can upload your own apps containing JS and CSS, as long as they have gone through the appinspect process.

0 Karma

nabeel652
Builder

Thanks. That worked 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...