Dashboards & Visualizations

Problem with the first opening of a Dashboard on a small server

SierraX
Communicator

We have a View. A form with two Graphs and a Time Picker. On Splunk 6.0.1. The Server has 2 CPU und 4 GB RAM
When I try to open this view the first time, the Graphs generate for a graph for all time.
After a while it show, that to many events exists. When the search is done, a change of period has no effect and other problem like freeze of browser window.

The default Time period in the XML is "Last 24 hours". For the first time this will ignored and the Time Picker shows "all Time"

I've also tried to set a viewstate for the user. After splunk restart, the Time Picker show the right default time but I runs still for all time.

Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gauldridge
Path Finder

Assuming you are using Simple XML, try checking to be sure that the time period for each panel is set to "Dashboard" instead of "Search."

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gauldridge
Path Finder

Assuming you are using Simple XML, try checking to be sure that the time period for each panel is set to "Dashboard" instead of "Search."

0 Karma

SierraX
Communicator

Thank you for the answer. You were right... the searches wasn't embadded...
Additional they need autoRun to do the search not as "all time" first.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...