Dashboards & Visualizations

Populating dropdown error : Could not create search

Naren26
Path Finder

I am trying to populate values to a dropdown using the search query. Following is the code:

<input type="dropdown" token="sub_tok" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Subdivisions List</label>
      <choice value="*">All</choice>
      <default>*</default>
      <fieldForLabel>subdivision</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>subdivision</fieldForValue>
      <search>
        <query>`mymainlog` | rex field=_raw max_match=100 "<(<subdivision>\d{4})," | stats values(subdivision) as subDivs | mvexpand subDivs | rename subDivs as SubDivisionList </query>
        <earliest>-15m</earliest>
    <latest>now</latest>
      </search>
      <delimiter> </delimiter>
    </input>

But I am getting this error Could not create search. But this query is running perfectly fine when executing it as a new search. I am getting almost 40 rows in the search results. But none is getting populated to the dropdown. I had even tried adding head 5, in order to limit the number of rows, but of no luck.

I am using Splunk version 6.5.4

Please help me out.

micahkemp
Champion

Your search query returns a field SubDivisionList but your input is set to use the field subdivision. Your input is looking for a field that doesn't exist so it has no values to display.

niketn
Legend

@Naren26, can you try escaping the angular brackets < and > with &lt;and &gt; in you search query for the drop down?

Alternatively, you can save your working query as a dashboard panel and then copy paste to the input search query. Please try out and confirm.

Naren26
Path Finder

This has done the trick. Thanks

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@Naren26, I have converted to answer. Please accept to mark this as answered.

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...