Dashboards & Visualizations

Populating Dropdown with List of Indexes Not Working

klinjeff

I can't get a dropdown box to populate. I'm trying to allow the user to select an index from a dropdown list on my dashboard.

I can run the search query in the query block and get results, but it won't populate a drop down box. I've tried sticking the results into a table and that doesn't work either. There is a base query for the entire dashboard which is modified with the values of the input fields when they change. What am I missing? Is it possible to do a drop down box with just a list of all available indexes to the user?

<input type="dropdown" token="index_name_tok" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Index</label>
      <choice value="*">All</choice>
      <initialValue>*</initialValue>
      <fieldForLabel>index_name</fieldForLabel>
      <fieldForValue>index_name</fieldForValue>
      <change>
        <set token="filter_query">NOT is_broadcast="true" index="$index_name_tok$" system_name="$system_name$" id_orig_h="$id_orig_h$" id_orig_p="$id_orig_p$" id_resp_h="$id_resp_h$" id_resp_p="$id_resp_p$" service="$service$"</set>
      </change>
      <search>
        <query>| eventcount summarize=false index=*bro* | fields index | dedup index | table index</query>
      </search>
</input>
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The search query is giving the field with name index but in fieldForLabel and fieldForValue attribute, you specified index_name which is not available hence the dropdown fails. Just change index_name with index in those.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The search query is giving the field with name index but in fieldForLabel and fieldForValue attribute, you specified index_name which is not available hence the dropdown fails. Just change index_name with index in those.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...