Dashboards & Visualizations

Percent on histogram

taha13
Explorer

Hello,

I did this histogram

alt text

I want to show the percent symbol.I tried the concatenation and it's doesn't work.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@taha13 refer to one of my older answers. Although this is for Column Chart the same can also be applied for Bar Chart to add a % after the values displayed in the chart.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/598632/add-percent-sign-on-a-stacked-column-chart-data-la.html

Or my wiki talk Topic 7: Show Percent in Stacked Column Chart instead of Values and highlight Data Labels as White color thro...

taha13
Explorer

@niketn my problem is that i don't have the acces to JS.So i can't use "highchart_data_label_percent"

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@taha13, the only option otherwise for you would be to convert the Dashboard to HTML dashboard so that JavaScript Code can be applied within the dashboard. However, once Dashboard is converted from Simple XML to HTML:
1) A lot of Simple XML features will stop working.
2) HTML dashboard can not be reverted back to XML
3) Ease of Dashboard editing though UI will be lost
4) Editing HTML dashboard requires knowledge of Splunk JS and HTML, CSS, JS.

Since the feature is not available out of the box with Highcharts implementation, other option would be to use Custom Visualization API from scratch and build visualization using Highcharts. (Which would be even more time taking process)

Maybe you can derive a token based option to enable/display % display for specific table/s so that JavaScript once uploaded can be be applied whenever needed in all your dashboards within your Splunk App.

taha13
Explorer

There isn't another solution?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

I am sorry I am not aware of a built in option. Let me convert my answer to comment so that others can provide their input.

taha13
Explorer

Okey ,thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...