Dashboards & Visualizations

Peak Day of the Month

WanLohnston
Explorer

Hi all, 

I was wondering if there's a way to create a search that I can add to a dashboard that'll present the Peak day and what the volume is over a 30 day period? 

Essentially when loading into the dashboard I was hoping it could save whatever day it occurred and not be replaced until a larger peak occurs. Assuming that's even possible. 

Possibly worded this poorly so feel free to ask any questions about what I'm trying to achieve. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a little vague so I will make some assumptions.

Assuming you want a daily count of events, and just keep the highest one, you could do this

| bin _time span=1d
| stats count by _time
| eventstats max(count) as max
| where count==max
0 Karma

WanLohnston
Explorer

Yeah my sincerest apologies, can have difficulties at times with accurately describing what I'm looking for. 

I'll definitely checkout the below query. 

But essentially I'm just looking for a date value and request value to not change day to day unless the request value is higher on a different date value. Hopefully that's a more accurate description. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...