Dashboards & Visualizations

Passing Values from a Column whose Name Contains Spaces

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

In Dashboard Studio, I want to set the value of my token to only the values clicked of a specific column by using row.<fieldname>.value. But in my case, my customers don't like seeing column names like CustomerAddress or CustomerPhone, rather "Customer Address" or "Customer Phone". How can I pass these values as tokens in my dashboards since column names will contain spaces? I've tried double quotes, single quotes, escaping ,and URL encoding.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried without quotes (as the value is quoted anyway in the source).

If this doesn't work, please share your source code in a code block </> so we can see what you have tried.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try setting your token to value2 not row.<fieldname>.value

0 Karma

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

No dice, didn't work 🙂 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried without quotes (as the value is quoted anyway in the source).

If this doesn't work, please share your source code in a code block </> so we can see what you have tried.

0 Karma

makelovenotwar
Path Finder

Wow. This is why I didn't find answers to this on the internet, it worked with the spaces 🙄

row.Customer Address.value. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...