Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a dashboard panel to show more than two fields?

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi All,

I have got logs like below set which gives the VPN details like VPN_Name, Primary_Server, Secondary_Server and their status. 

Log1:
</tr>
<tr>
<td ><b><font color=olive>INDIA</font></b></td>
<td >SNFGC_S_INDIA</td>
<td ><b><font color=green>gcgnamslap03p</font></b> # <b><font color=blue>gcgnamslap04p</font></b></td>
<td ><b><font color="green">UP</font></b>/<b><font color=blue>SB</font></b></td>

Log2:
</tr>
<tr>
<td ><b><font color=olive>CHINA</font></b></td>
<td >JBPMGC_S_CHINA</td>
<td ><b><font color=green>gcgnamslap03p</font></b> # <b><font color=blue>gcgnamslap04p</font></b></td>
<td ><b><font color="green">UP</font></b>/<b><font color=blue>SB</font></b></td>

Here I used the below query to extract the required fields:
... | rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Region>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>(?P<VPN_Name>[^\<]+)\<\/td\>"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>[^\<]+\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Primary_Server>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\s"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>[^\<]+\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\s\#\s\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Secondary_Server>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>[^\<]+\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\s\#\s\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\"\w+\"\>(?P<Status_Primary>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\/\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Status_Secondary>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>"

I want to create a panel to show the details of Status_Primary (like how many are UP and how many are DOWN). For that I used added the query "| stats count by Status_Primary" to the above query and created a pie chart out of it.

I also want to show in the same panel, which is the Primary_Server and which is the Secondary_Server. But I am not able to make a query to fill both data in the same panel.

Please help to create a query to fill both the Status details and Server details in the same panel. Your kind help is highly appreciated.

Thank you..!!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_Server: ".Primary_Server."-".Status_Primary,"Secondary_Server: ".Secondary_Server."-".Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does this help

| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_".Status_Primary,"Secondary_".Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi @ITWhisperer ,

Thank you for your inputs. 

I tried to change the query as below to show both the server name and status.

| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_Server: ".Primary_Server.Status_Primary,"Secondary_Server: ".Secondary_Server.Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

And it gives the below table:

Statuscount
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03pDOWN2
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03pUP117
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04pDOWN2
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04pSB117

I want to put a hyphen (-) between the server name and the status to make the field value more meaningful like below:

Statuscount
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03p-DOWN2
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03p-UP117
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04p-DOWN2
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04p-SB117

Please help to modify my query to get the desired output.

Thank you..!!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_Server: ".Primary_Server."-".Status_Primary,"Secondary_Server: ".Secondary_Server."-".Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi @ITWhisperer ,

Thank you very much for your inputs. I am now able to get the dashboard panel in the desired manner.

Your kind help is highly appreciated.

Thank You..!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...