Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a dashboard panel to show more than two fields?

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi All,

I have got logs like below set which gives the VPN details like VPN_Name, Primary_Server, Secondary_Server and their status. 

Log1:
</tr>
<tr>
<td ><b><font color=olive>INDIA</font></b></td>
<td >SNFGC_S_INDIA</td>
<td ><b><font color=green>gcgnamslap03p</font></b> # <b><font color=blue>gcgnamslap04p</font></b></td>
<td ><b><font color="green">UP</font></b>/<b><font color=blue>SB</font></b></td>

Log2:
</tr>
<tr>
<td ><b><font color=olive>CHINA</font></b></td>
<td >JBPMGC_S_CHINA</td>
<td ><b><font color=green>gcgnamslap03p</font></b> # <b><font color=blue>gcgnamslap04p</font></b></td>
<td ><b><font color="green">UP</font></b>/<b><font color=blue>SB</font></b></td>

Here I used the below query to extract the required fields:
... | rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Region>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>(?P<VPN_Name>[^\<]+)\<\/td\>"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>[^\<]+\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Primary_Server>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\s"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>[^\<]+\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\s\#\s\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Secondary_Server>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>"
| rex field=_raw "\<tr\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>[^\<]+\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\s\#\s\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>[^\<]+\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>\s+\<td\s\>\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\"\w+\"\>(?P<Status_Primary>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\/\<b\>\<\w+\s\w+\=\w+\>(?P<Status_Secondary>[^\<]+)\<\/\w+\>\<\/b\>\<\/td\>"

I want to create a panel to show the details of Status_Primary (like how many are UP and how many are DOWN). For that I used added the query "| stats count by Status_Primary" to the above query and created a pie chart out of it.

I also want to show in the same panel, which is the Primary_Server and which is the Secondary_Server. But I am not able to make a query to fill both data in the same panel.

Please help to create a query to fill both the Status details and Server details in the same panel. Your kind help is highly appreciated.

Thank you..!!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_Server: ".Primary_Server."-".Status_Primary,"Secondary_Server: ".Secondary_Server."-".Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does this help

| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_".Status_Primary,"Secondary_".Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi @ITWhisperer ,

Thank you for your inputs. 

I tried to change the query as below to show both the server name and status.

| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_Server: ".Primary_Server.Status_Primary,"Secondary_Server: ".Secondary_Server.Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

And it gives the below table:

Statuscount
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03pDOWN2
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03pUP117
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04pDOWN2
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04pSB117

I want to put a hyphen (-) between the server name and the status to make the field value more meaningful like below:

Statuscount
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03p-DOWN2
Primary_Server: gcgnamslap03p-UP117
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04p-DOWN2
Secondary_Server: gcgnamslap04p-SB117

Please help to modify my query to get the desired output.

Thank you..!!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval Status=mvappend("Primary_Server: ".Primary_Server."-".Status_Primary,"Secondary_Server: ".Secondary_Server."-".Status_Secondary)
| stats count by Status

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi @ITWhisperer ,

Thank you very much for your inputs. I am now able to get the dashboard panel in the desired manner.

Your kind help is highly appreciated.

Thank You..!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...