Dashboards & Visualizations

Multiple drilldowns

Naa_Win
Path Finder

Hello,

So I have a below dashboard panel which is populated with lookup. 

Name     Organization    Count
Bob            splunk                 2
Matt           google                15
smith          facebook            9 

What I'm looking for is. 
1. If I click the Bob, it has to open a new search tab with the query "| inputlookup mydetails.csv | search Name=Bob "
2. If I click the Splunk, it has to open a new url with "www.splunk.com"
For all the values respectively. 

How do I achieve this within one ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

<drilldown>
          <condition field="Name">
            <link target="_blank">| inputlookup myfile.csv</link>
          </condition>
          <condition field="Organization">
            <link target="_blank">$row.URL|n$</link>
          </condition>
          <condition field="URL">
            <link target="_blank">$click.value2|n$</link>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use conditions in drilldowns to determine which field/column has been clicked

<drilldown>
          <condition field="Name">
            <link target="_blank">your search link</link>
          </condition>
            <link target="_blank">your organisation link</link>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>

Naa_Win
Path Finder

Thank you @ITWhisperer That Worked...... BUT !!!

But, it is having some defect... When I click the Splunk/google/facebook its going to "www.splunk.com" ONLY.

<link target="_blank">www.splunk.com</link>

I have a url as well in my lookup like, what I'm looking is if i click the splunk it has to go with respective url. same way with other organizations

Name     Organization       URL                                                                    Count 
Bob            splunk               www.splunk.com                                               2
Matt           google              www.google.com                                              15
smith          facebook         www.facebook.com                                        9 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In drilldown, you have access to $click.value2$ which is the cell value.  You then program <condition/> with exact value.

0 Karma

Naa_Win
Path Finder
<drilldown>
          <condition field="Name">
          </condition>
            <link target="_blank">www.Splunk.com</link>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>

If I select Google in the Name field, it's getting redirect to the www.splunk.com only

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

<drilldown>
          <condition field="Name">
          </condition>
            <link target="_blank">$row.URL|n$</link>
          </condition>
          <condition field="URL">
            <link target="_blank">$click.value2|n$</link>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If this is not working, please share your exact dashboard source as something might have been lost in converting the answer to your solution.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Naa_Win In your drilldown code do

<link target="_blank">$row.URL$</link>
</condition>

Note that if you want to add any characters to the URL or url string that must be encoded, use

$row.URL|s$ or if you want to prevent any character encoding use $row.URL|n$

If you also want to do the same if the URL field is clicked, add a new condition with the field=URL

Naa_Win
Path Finder

@ITWhisperer @bowesmana  Thanks for the code, It didn't worked with my case. 

Sorry if it's confusing... I have a dashboard table with below.  If i click value in "Organization" or URL, it has to go specific url 

example: when i click google it has to direct to the url "  https://air222.com/recxGlfW9picLnjwj" in new tab. 
or if that doesn't work at least if i click url it has to go that url in new tab

Name     Organization                      URL                                                                                                             
Bob            splunk                         https://air222.com/6FBPUQ3Di0FC3T                                           
Matt           google                        https://air222.com/recxGlfW9picLnjwj                                    
smith          facebook                  https://air222.com/recRRoUIFOMxSmjRf                                          

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not confusing, it should work if configured correctly.

So having changed the <condition>, what does it do when you click google?

What is the config for your

<option name="drilldown">XXX</option>

for that table?

XXX should be row

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One panel can only use one type of drilldown.  There can be several ways to hack something out.  The most effective is to build a custom Web application to redirect the browser to whichever end URL it outputs based on the variables you send it.  Alternative, you may settle with a lesser workaround: drilldown to a custom search (or a dashboard, or even just change another panel on the same dashboard) to display the URL you intend to send the browser to; then ask your user to copy and paste.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...