Dashboards & Visualizations

Multi-select where each selection represents multiple values

abogatyreva
Observer

Hi there, 

Wondering if there is a way to have multi-select selections that themselves map to multiple possible values. My universe of possible values is large but can be grouped. I'd like the selections in my multi-select to represent the resultant groups but for any constituent of the group to match the selection of the group. 

Example:

Group 1: A, B, C, D
Group 2: 1, 2, 3, 4
Group 3: A1, B1, C1, D1

The field can only contain one value (either A or B or C etc.) but I do not want my multi-select to have an option for each of the group constituents (i.e., A, B, C, D, 1, 2, 3, 4, A1, B1, C1, D1).

Instead, I would like the user to be able to select Group 1 and for that to result in a match if the field has either A or B or C or D. 

If the user selects Group 2, that should be matched by either 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

If the user selects Group 3, that should be matched by either A1 or A2 or A3 or A4.

etc. 

So essentially I need a field whose value is itself a search.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...