Dashboards & Visualizations

Modify table in html dashboard

jdcain
Engager

I need to be able to link to files on a network file share from a field in a splunk dashboard. Currently using the link drilldown does not work for \servername\folder\file.name or even file://servername/folder/file.name.

I've converted the dashboard to html and have been trying to use jquery to modify the column I need. Changes on the page it's self are not a problem however I don't understand how to wait for the table to load before applying a javascript.

I've attempted to follow other examples but I don't appear to be able to make any changes at all. this script does not change the count of the table for example:
// Get the table
var myEventsTable = mvc.Components.get('element1');
// Programmatically change a property
myEventsTable.getVisualization(function(eventsView) { eventsView.settings.set("count", 2);

How can I either use drilldown to link to a network share or modify the table in an html view to allow it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@jdcain, as you have already found out, browser will not allow local directory drilldown. However, if you want to know how custom table renderer can be used you can refer to one of my previous answers which also has a link to Splunk Dahsboard Examples App with most these useful examples.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/637615/why-is-the-table-cell-highlighting-not-reading-the.html

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@jdcain, as you have already found out, browser will not allow local directory drilldown. However, if you want to know how custom table renderer can be used you can refer to one of my previous answers which also has a link to Splunk Dahsboard Examples App with most these useful examples.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/637615/why-is-the-table-cell-highlighting-not-reading-the.html

jdcain
Engager

I now realize that the local file links don't work due to being blocked by browsers and not anything with splunk. I still am curious though how to modify the table html after the table loads though.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...