Dashboards & Visualizations

Linking two dashboards (click on a result in dashboard 1, get graph in another dashboard)?

SJanasek
Path Finder

Hi there

I have two dashboards.
dashboard 1 shows incidents. I've got a table as a result with date, metric, current metric value, warning threshold, critical threshold and metric result. I want to click on the metric result which is either "ok" or "warning", etc...
after clicking at the metric result it should open dashboard 2
dashboard 2 shows a timechart with the current value in a time period. after clicking on the metric result in dashboard 1 dashboard 2 should now show the part of the graph, where the incident is.
how can I do this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

you'll want to use the link option. in your <drilldown> element in your dashboard1 table, you'll have a <link> element that will provide the path to dashboard2

here is a doc on how to do it:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion

you'll want to use the link option. in your <drilldown> element in your dashboard1 table, you'll have a <link> element that will provide the path to dashboard2

here is a doc on how to do it:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms

SJanasek
Path Finder

thank you very much, but i still can't take the time of dashboard one in to dashboard 2. can you help me?

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

i'd need to see your xmls to help, i think.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...