Dashboards & Visualizations

Linking two dashboards (click on a result in dashboard 1, get graph in another dashboard)?

SJanasek
Path Finder

Hi there

I have two dashboards.
dashboard 1 shows incidents. I've got a table as a result with date, metric, current metric value, warning threshold, critical threshold and metric result. I want to click on the metric result which is either "ok" or "warning", etc...
after clicking at the metric result it should open dashboard 2
dashboard 2 shows a timechart with the current value in a time period. after clicking on the metric result in dashboard 1 dashboard 2 should now show the part of the graph, where the incident is.
how can I do this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

you'll want to use the link option. in your <drilldown> element in your dashboard1 table, you'll have a <link> element that will provide the path to dashboard2

here is a doc on how to do it:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion

you'll want to use the link option. in your <drilldown> element in your dashboard1 table, you'll have a <link> element that will provide the path to dashboard2

here is a doc on how to do it:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Viz/Dynamicdrilldownindashboardsandforms

SJanasek
Path Finder

thank you very much, but i still can't take the time of dashboard one in to dashboard 2. can you help me?

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

i'd need to see your xmls to help, i think.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...