Dashboards & Visualizations

Issue while updating Splunk custom command permission from UI

Sidharda
Path Finder

Hello Experts,

While I am trying to make my custom Splunk command Global, I am unable to do so because of the below error.

Splunk could not update permission for resource admin/commandsconf [HTTP 500] Splunkd internal error; [{'type':'ERROR','code':None. 'text':"This handler does not support the 'edit' action and cannot be used for ACL modification."}]

Please help on this.

Labels (1)

earlhelms
Path Finder

Same issue Splunk 8.0.7

BernardEAI
Communicator
Same issue on 8.1.4
0 Karma

ruman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
This is a bug, since 6.6.0 apparently. I've tagged it to get included in docs known issues. SPL-173061.

0 Karma

sh1pit76
Explorer

I'm getting a similar error after upgrading to Splunk version 8.0.2.1. Would love to get an answer on this as well.

Splunk could not update permissions for resource data/lookup-table-files [HTTP 500] Splunkd internal error; [{'type': 'ERROR', 'code': None, 'text': "This handler does not support the 'edit' action and cannot be used for ACL modification."}]

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...