Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there any way that we can add comments to the dashboard panel to give more information for easy understanding?

revanthammineni
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

Is there any way that we can add comments to the dashboard panel to give more information for easy understanding.  For example: If there’s any jump in the trend from previous month to this month. I need to put a comment box and explain why the jump happened.

TIA

Labels (5)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In SimpleXML, you could have a html panel with your comment. You could then make this panel depends on the existence of a token. You could then set or unset this token depending on a result from your dashboard panel search

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not sure where you want that comment. SimpleXML, as XML allows for a comment with a normal <!-- something -->

Dashboard studio source however is a json file and json has no concept of a comment so unless there is no explicitly defined comment property (and I think I recall some discussion with a conclusion that there isn't), you can't insert it there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...