Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there a way to save the timeline event viewer/histogram into a dashboard?

chrisboy68
Contributor

Hi,

I love the timeline event viewer/histogram. Is there a way I can save this into a Dashboard? I can't find any examples that have this. If anyone has XML source samples, please share. I'm used to the histogram in Kibana, if anyone is familiar with that view.

Thank you,

Chris

haley_swarnapat
Path Finder

I don't know Kibana. But, I know you can show a histogram in Splunk, you can append this on your query:

| TIMECHART count by host
And then go to "Visualization" tab, Choose "Column" chart, Click "Format", Choose "Stacked", and "Apply"
You can change "by host" to anything you want, or you can remove it if you don't need to categorize the histogram.

If this is not what you want, maybe you can help me by posting your query in Splunk, and screenshot of your expected dashboard visualization in Kibana.

0 Karma

helge
Builder

Would like to see that in Simple XML, too.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...